This time I want to share my fitting process to the pants of Burda, 8/2013 #118.
I made some drawings and pics which explain my alterations by themselves - I do hope at least.
Pants fitting is such a complicated theme and we really could talk a lot about, but at least the final pattern lines tell us the truth. IMO
So let's start:
At first I straightened the lines by altering my pattern, like it is shown in the drawing:
The most important thing is to eleminate the bagginess in the back. Watch the lines: Before straightening, the line was broken at the point where I marked the blue circle. After the adjustement of the pattern, the line is much more smooth and the pleats in this area are mostly gone. Note that it is always a process of approximation, to straighten the lines.
Jet a focus on the pattern adjustements in this area:
The next thing I had to do was to correct the waist line. I took in some fabric, because in the upper part of my pants there was still too much length. This straightened the lines again downwards the legs.
My pleats were marked on the fabric...
... and to get the new pattern pieces they were pinned again.
Et voilà - here are the final paper pattern pieces:
Last overiew of the pattern adjustements:
I have to admit, a bit bagginess left over, but I wouldn't overstate this point.
Watch the lines again. You will recognize that the lines are not yet straight in the area where I marked the circle. As a direct consequence we see these wrinkles:
If I want to sew again a pair of pants following this Burda pattern, I would clear this.
But so far I think my Editorial Burda Pants came out really nice.